Merry Christmas from Windy Hill Acres!
The Barnes Family welcomes you to Windy Hill Acres Christmas Tree farm. The farm will be opening for the 2017 holiday season starting Saturday November 25th. Our 5 acre Christmas tree farm is located in Forest Grove, Oregon - outside of Portland.
We hope you will join us to experience the refreshing scent of a real fresh cut, beautiful Oregon Christmas tree. Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the making of some new holiday memories.
Enjoy complimentary hot cocoa and peppermint candy canes while selecting your holiday tree.
Assistance: Saws are available for U-cut trees. We would be happy to assist with cutting your Christmas tree upon request. Free twine and loading assistance is available for tying down trees. Let us know if you would like help hauling your tree from the field.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
We accept cash, debit cards, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Cards, and PayPal payments. We do not accept personal checks.
Why Choose a Real Tree instead of Artificial?
Here are a few reasons to make the environmentally conscious choice to choose a real Christmas tree:
- A real Christmas tree is a natural product,
- Trees locally grown in Oregon are an agricultural crop grown in the United States.
- Selecting a fresh cut holiday tree annually is a wonderful family tradition.
- New seedlings are planted annually.
- Real Christmas Trees benefit the environment through absorbing Carbon Dioxide and they emit oxygen.
- Real X-Mas Trees are a recyclable or compostable, renewable resource. See our Recycling Christmas tree resources.
- The majority of fake trees are produced outside of the United States which increases their carbon footprint.
- Artificial X-Mas trees are not recyclable as they are made with non-renewable, petroleum-derived plastic.
- Most of all, nothing is better than the fresh pine scent and feel of a real beautiful evergreen Christmas tree in your home during the holiday season!